The reflective poem  

Posted by: Rich Taylor in , ,

So.....my straightedge lifestyle finishes tomorrow (5th December). Whilst it has been tough to stick to the five rules and whilst there have been a few blips along the way, I feel that it has been largely beneficial.

Rather than write a long, boring post about it, I decided to write a poem to commemorate my last day as a 'straight edge' soldier.

Here goes...

For this blog, I gave up the Booze,
I thought it would be fun, just like a cruise,
But now I know, it's harder than it looks,
Perhaps I should have read some informative books,
I've craved alcohol, pepsi, tea and junk food,
The lack of these things put me in such a mood,
Despite all this, there are positives that I see,
I've lost weight and it's all down to straightedge and me.

Hope you all enjoyed this 'poem'.

This entry was posted on Friday, December 04, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment