The state of regret  

Posted by: Rich Taylor in , ,

YOU KNOW WHAT? I miss alcohol. I miss takeaways, chocolate,crisps and I miss tea a hell of a lot more than those previously mentioned. Being able to dunk a custard cream into a 'brew' was my only salvation.

I absolutely regret doing this idea for my blog now. My near non-existent social life has actually become non-existent. This can be attributed to just one thing about my straightedge lifestyle...no alcohol.

The best moments of the last five years have all involved alcohol or alcohol related incidents, as sad as it may seem. I don't have a wife, I don't have kids and I certainly am not involved in any sports clubs so all the winners of 'The Besties' (the imaginary award for the best moments) have been alcohol induced.

What I imagine a 'Bestie' looks like!


When deciding what to do for my blog I toyed with the idea of doing a music related blog. In retrospect, that would have been a much better idea. I could have even learned something new, written a movie based blog or even go for the typical sports based memorandum.

So as I sit here at 9pm on the 18th November, I am a month sober....and it sucks.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment